Sunday, September 7, 2014

$1 September Word of the Day Calendar!

This is our September Word of the day Calendar. It has a great content word that goes with the month and a teacher's guide with ideas on how to use the class calendar. It also has a black and white student calendar with a teacher's guide on ideas on how to use it. There is an AB math pattern on this one-green apple, red apple, etc. There is a definition sheet and a student journal sheet if you want to use them. I have my students write their calendar words in a notebook everyday. 

We were so thrilled to receive this recent comment about this calendar:

On  September 7, 2014,  Jen Stamm (TpT Seller) said:
This is probably one of the best resources I've bought on tpt. I went from having students that hate writing to being able to get my students to write a sentence about a specific word. Their sentences are amazing and I cannot wait to purchase the year bundle to keep the momentum going!

We were so excited to get this comment that we decided to put September on SALE SEPT 7 for just $1!
Click on the picture below to purchase:)


We had so many requests to bundle our calendars so we just recently did, so y'all can get the bundle of all 12 calendars that cover the entire year now in one large pack:)
Just click on the picture below to purchase and it is on SALE Sunday- SEPT. 7 for just $10!
Just click on the picture below to purchase it.





This is where one of my students in first grade wrote the word of the day,"principal" and wrote the number of syllables and illustrated it. Later you will see them developing into sentences.

All the following are samples of the writing my kiddos did throughout the year last school year and y'all can see there was great improvement!









I compile all the stories we write for the month using our calendar words into a class book so the students can read them all through the year, that way the words are being reinforced. The students take turns illustrating the covers.



My kiddos love to share their calendar notebooks every day!

This is our Brain Bounce Bundle that we also just put together to cover the entire year! They are vocabulary games that are task cards asking questions about our calendar words. Our kiddos love playing this because we divide into teams to play. They always ask me if we  can play it again. There is a teacher's guide for ideas to do with the cards, including game directions for Brain Bounce and Scoot if you want to use them for that. Some teachers like to use the cards as exit cards. Just click on the picture to purchase. You save over 25% when purchased as a bundle.


I always have my guys use their calendars from our calendar bundle to review the words together before we play the game. I also let them keep their calendars out during the game to help them with the words.


This is our ELL teacher listening to one of my ELL students read and answer a question. She said,"These words and games are great for ELL students because they are learning so much basic vocabulary on a daily basis and in a fun way."

Sometimes I place the cards around the room for my students to do as a "Read around the Room" activity.

These are just a few cards from the September Brain Bounce. We sell the games separately if you are interested.


Just click on the picture below to purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment